What Is Sadness?


What is sadness, oh God, that you would know it

When the sorrows my heart bears are of my own making?

There is nothing in your ways that would bring you such pain.

How would you know this sadness?

 

           

                But my child, it is I who made you and I who bears your pains.

            You may have caused your own sorrows, but I feel them just the same.

 

I do not know where to turn from the place I stand right now.

I am not moving forward nor backwards, not even spinning in place.

I remain. Idle. Doing nothing. Only being, wishing that I weren't.

So where do I go from here?

 

            This is not the question to be asking, my child.

            It is not “Where do I go?” or even “What do I do?” wherein your answer lies.

            It is ME you need.

 

Well, where are you, then?

I am here, waiting, I suppose.

Where are you?

 

            I am with you.

            Your sadness has blinded your heart,

            But the truth remains that I am with you,

                For I AM.

 

Do I look to you to ease my pain?

Do I wait for you to take it away?

 

            Just look to me, child.

            That is all.

            If it is relief you seek,

                You may not find it.

                But if it is me you seek,

                You will find me.

                And I am the bringer of all good things.

                There are no good gifts apart from me.


                Listen, my dear one, I am what you need.

                In the darkness, I am your light.

                In your sorrow, I am your solace.

                Seek me and you will find me.


Comments

Popular Posts