Choice Reads


Here are a few authors and books that have been a part of making me who I am:

Richard Rohr - Divine Dance, The Universal Christ and Falling Upward are three deeply meaningful reads.

John O'Donohue - perhaps my favorite author. All of his books are on my list. Beauty: The Invisible Embrace is probably my #1.

Barbara Brown Taylor - thought provoking and beautiful. My favorite is a relatively unknown book called Luminous Web

Greg Boyd (Cross Vision), Brad Jersak, Dr. Tim Jennings (The God Shaped Brain), and my friend, Curtis Tucker (Majestic Destiny and Damn Shame) challenge my mind and understanding. 

Annie Dillard - Teaching a Stone to Talk offers profound insights and intriguing writing. 

Thomas Merton, Meister Eckhart, and Henri Nouwen - some of my favorite mystics. 

Alan Lightman - an agnostic at best, one of the most spiritually insightful thinkers I've read. I loved Searching for Stars on an Island in Maine especially. 

Rainer Maria Rilke, Frost, Donne, Shakespeare, Thoreau, Garrison Keillor, and Mary Oliver are poets I often enjoy.

Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Plato, and many others have influenced my thinking and impacted my work, whether I wanted them to or not. 

Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D. - The Body Keeps the Score offers profound insight and research based truth about how we are affected by trauma. 

Jenna Riemersma, LPC - Altogether You ties the truth of our God-given nature, our Imago Dei, with the wisdom found in IFS (Internal Family Systems), which is an incredibly helpful therapy many counselors use. 

David Bentley Hart - That All Shall Be Saved - Not everyone's cup of tea, but an amazing read that will make you think. 

Thomas Talbott - The Inescapable Love of God - Thought provoking, cogent, and significant. 

Feel free to leave some of your favorites in the comments. 

Comments

Popular Posts